Friday, June 27, 2008

Faith not sight

Yesterday, the doctors performed another operation to correct another aneurysm that was discovered in my wife's brain. The aneurysm was about 6 mm from the previous one, and they fixed it by inserting coils into the vein. The doctor said that the operation was successful, but that she suffered a stroke, and the needed to do an additional hemi-craniotomy. The doctor told us that this was a very risky surgery, and that usually they do not offer it to anyone unless they are young and otherwise healthy. A little bit of fear entered my heart at this point, and I wondered why this could be happening to my wife. God had brought her this far, and I could not understand why she had to endure anymore pain. My uncle turned to me at some point, and said that sometimes things begin to look worst before the manifestation of healing comes.

I began to pray, and so did the other members of my family. After some time, there was peace, and I began to rejoice because I knew that Angels would be guarding the hands of the surgeon doing the operation on my wife. Furthermore, I have witnessed the power of God throughout the time that we have been here. I have seen healing happen when there was no hope of recovery given by the doctors. And I realized that statistics are just what they are. God does not work based on statistics, but by faith.

So my prayer is of joy and rejuvenation. My wife is healed, and so other the other families who are here with me. All of their loved ones will leave this place whole. This will be one of the greatest stories of God's mercy, and how he protects his children. The light is in sight, and we are marching on. Our two girls are doing wonderfully, and are awaiting their mother's touch.

1 comment:

bernard said...

Dear Che,
We are glad that we were able to spend some time with your family Saturday. Your love faith and maturity are commendable.
Remember this is only a test, it won't be long, be strong, hold on.

Love Gwen & Bernard