Friday, June 27, 2008

God's promise

Today the doctors came to say that they believed my wife had another seizure early in the morning. My mother-in-law arrived shortly after the doctors gave me the news. She was very calm, and said to me that everything was going to be alright. God would not have brought our family this far to let everything go now. I also spoke to my wife's uncle who reaffirmed what she said.

I ran across this verse in the Bible:

Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. Psalm 103:2-5

After reading this verse, I immediately knew that there was no reason to be afraid or worried because my wife would be just fine. She has proclaimed the victory, and we are all in agreement that she is healed. As believers in God's word, we walk by faith and not by sight. We place our faith in him to provide healing, and restoration. The enemy will always attack to destroy our faith when we are weak, so we must remain strong in the word and works of the Lord.

While I have been in the hospital with my wife, I have seen miracles. I have seen families lifted from the depths of despair. I have spoken to people who have lost sight of God's healing only to see God work miracles in their lives. We must always remember that God has love for us, and wants us to live prosperous and long lives on this earth. He has promised us abundant life, and his richness in the earth is ours as long as we believe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Che:
We are all in agreement and all standing firmly with you on God's promises.

Matthew 18:18-19
"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.

Anonymous said...

I don't know you or your wife, but I am praying for you. Your sister-in-law told me about your current trial and I was pleased to hear of the progress. I encourage you to focus on the Word, because everything else can/will change. I remember when I heard that your wife got to hold your little girls, my heart melted. I was happy because that is what I and others were praying for. We believed and it happened.

Matthew 9:27-29
And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou son of David, have mercy on us.

And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord.

Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.
--

To sum it up, you do your part and God will do His.

crlrich said...

Che,

We are recent witnesses to the miracles of God. Lean on him and he will direct your path. Keep the faith and the victory will be yours.

You, Shawnda and the girls will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

I have learned that when there seems to be a shadow across your path, it is often our Lord placing himself between us and the danger that is lurking. Our church in Wetumpka is praying for you.