Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The power of prayer

My wife was admitted into the NICU unit at around 1:00 a.m., June 20th. My mother in-law, had spoken to our aunt, to have her pick up my nephew so that they would be able to drive me to the hospital, since my wife had to take Lifesaver to the hospital. When we got there, my wife was already admitted, and one of the doctors explained the details of my wife's condition. After hearing the news, I became afraid for my wife's health, and that of our then unborn children. The hospital was very responsive, and had neurologists, and OB's working on my wife's case in the NICU.



After we received the news of my wife's condition, my wife's aunt called from New Orleans, and said that she heard what was going on, and prayed about our situation. She said that there was nothing to worry about, and that Shawnda and I will have this testimony to tell as she will make a miraculous recovery, and our babies will be born healthy and strong.



Now considering the grave extent of the situation, it was difficult to see the light, but amazingly our baby girls were still in fantastic condition. Again we received phone calls from family members saying that they knew what was going on, and there was nothing to worry about.

The hospital scheduled my wife's surgery for 2:30 p.m. on Friday, and rescheduled for 4:00 after deciding that they were going to be performing both operations at the same time. First the neuro-surgeon would do the craniotomy, and the OB would do the cesarean. At 6:45 p.m. the neuro-surgeon came out to say that the surgery was a success, and shortly after the nurse told us to go to the fifth floor to see the babies as they were wheeled by.

No comments: