Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Confined babies

We spend all of our adult lives trying to get or stay free, but little babies just loved to be confined. In fact they love it so much that if you let them free, they get really irritated at you. I was visiting my babies yesterday, and being a new father; it took me a bit too long to get them changed. They are so used to the nurses who can get them changed, and swaddled in under 10 seconds. It is like they are running a pit crew in there. I think my comments to the staff when we leave here will be that they should slow down when changing or feeding newborns because as a new parent we never seem to match the speed and efficiency that they having in dealing with our children. Now I get this look from my girl like what is taking you so long poky. Well I finally got them swaddled again, but of course they are going to test whether or not you did a good job. If they can kick a leg free, you immediately get notified that you have failed, so tuck those knees under their little chin, and wrap them as tight as you possibly can again, and then your little one will be happy as she can be.

2 comments:

bernard said...

Dear Che,
You will soon master the ten second change. It took me a while but I learned because junior would pee on me if I took too long.

Gwen and I are fervently lifting your family up in prayer. I was encouraged to know Shawnda opened her eyes. Before long God will prevail and she will be home with Morgan & Madison.

Anonymous said...

Che,
You are doing an EXCELLENT job with diaper changes, feedings, the works.... most new moms have a hard time with these things. So you are ahead of schedule. Keith had plenty of the same experience Benard had with Jr.

By the way...
I couldn't ask for a better husband for my sister and father for my nieces.

Keith, Deuce and I love you all!

We'll see you this weekend.
-D