Sunday, July 6, 2008

Turn to God

I was at church today, and the minister was talking on how to deal with times of crisis. Although the topic was geared more toward economic crisis, it was evident that the principles could be applied to any type of crisis. There are a few things that stood out in his message to me.

The minister stated that if we have faith, then we are not dependent on a worldly source to provide for us. He also said that in a time of crisis that we should turn more to God. These two statements immediately struck a nerve with me because I was agitated by some of the reports given by the doctors initially regarding my wife's condition. I was keying on the diagnosis they were making, and not listening to God's word. The situation that we are living in is not what God will deliver us to, but merely what it is.

My wife's condition has continued to improve each day. She is no longer running a fever, and the swelling from the surgery is greatly reduced. She is starting to respond to our voices, and even smiled at her mom and me yesterday. It won't be very long now before we are all home again. Thank you all for the prayers, and keep lifting up all the families who are going through a crisis. We can't put our guards down when we think we are in the clear.

Tomorrow will be the girls first day at home. I am very excited about that. I plan to get video of them leaving the hospital, and arriving at our house.

6 comments:

James said...

Son, so glad you were able to go to church today.It was the place that God wanted you to be so you could hear this word to get you back on tract. Dad and I love you and Shawnda and the girls dearly and we pray constantly for you all.Remember that we are here for you even though we are a 100 miles away. I will see you on Thrusday and my cold is gone.

Unknown said...

We are sending your family prayers from EAMC's Diabetes Center in Opelika. Everyone thinks the world of Shawnda and the baby girls are beautiful!

Connie said...

I have been praying for all of you every single day. So glad I got to see ya'll and thanks for telling me about this site! Let me know when I can see Miss Shawnda, I can't wait!!

Michael and Kim said...

Hey Cmac!!
Always know the Lord is good, even when our circumstances seem to say otherwise. We are praying for ya'll. Let me know if you need anything at all.
Michael, Kim and Addison Cobb

Laurie said...

Cmac & Shawnda,

You have such a beautiful family. Shawnda, I miss your cheery voice and contagious smile. Can't wait to give you a BIG hug! Please know my thoughts and prayers are with both of you everyday. Keep the faith!! God is good!

Laurie Waddell

dr jamie said...

Cmac,
Please know that you, Shawnda, and your beautiful daughters are in my prayers and thoughts. Dr. Jamie