Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Step closer

GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

The past couple of weeks have been really exciting. My wife is more alert now, and able to move both hands. She continues to get stronger each day. There are pictures of both the girls in her room that she looks at constantly. I can't wait until she can tell me which one she thinks looks like her. The day won't be very far away because it was just announced that she is going to be upgraded from ICU. She is going to begin rehab soon also. She still will be getting lots of rest, but each day brings us a step closer to all being back at home.

This whole experience has definitely strengthened our family. It has made me realize that you can not take any day for granted, and how important it is to remember how important loved ones are. As soon as my wife gets out of the hospital, we are going to spend a long time just enjoying each others' company. I know right now, it will probably be centered around looking after the girls, but I really look forward to being able to share my stories of pooh with my wife. They are both so precious, and I want to be able to spend time with all three of my girls at one time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Che,

I'm Marlena, Deon's coworker at CSouth. I have been reading your blog weekly, and I must say that I really admire you and your commitment to your family. Although I know it's been tough for you to write this blog, you should know that your stories of hope and God's love are really inspiring. They've inspired me so much, that I'm interested in creating my own daily journal just so that each day I can count God's blessings and never forget how good HE really is!

You seemed to have gracefully transitioned into fatherhood and your babies seem to have the most superior care! I love their pediatrician visit pictures!

I pray that Shawnda gets stronger everyday and that you all will be reunited soon.

Peace and God's Blessings,
Marlena Smith, Canton, MS

RCarter said...

Hey Che,
This is Ricchard Carter. I'm not sure if you remember me but I was your wife co- worker at LifeScan. We both were on the President's Club trip in the Cayman Island. We all hung out a couple of nights together. I was informed by another co worker about the birth of your twins and prayers that where needed for Shawanda speedy recovery. I am so inspired by your blog and strength. As a youth leader at my church i will share your story and have our youth send prayers your way. Im a living witness to what god can do! What he done for others he will do for you. God bless you and your family.
Ricchard Carter
Houston, TX

Metoo said...

C-Mac

It is really awesome to see a strong man being there for his family. You and your wife are strong people and I know GOD will send blessing down to your family.

My wife is currently 5 months pregnant expecting our first child. I just want you to know your words and faith has touched us more than you could ever imagine.

We both want you and Shawnda to know that our prayers and hearts are with you both. The girls are beautiful but your love for your family is even more precious.

May GOD bless you and the family

Robert and Delann Jones (Shawnda's co-worker)
Dallas Tx