Friday, July 11, 2008

Excited

The babies are coming home later today. We were planning to stop by to visit mommy in the hospital, but had to change plans because of a small setback regarding the antibiotics my wife is on. This is still a very exciting day, and it is impossible to sleep. So far, I have managed to wash the car seat covers, install the bases in the car, and now I just need to pick up the babies. The girls are getting really big now. Morgan is almost 6 pounds, and because of Madison's healthy appetite, and higher calorie formula; she has almost caught her sister weight-wise. Both of them are almost drinking 8 ounces of formula per meal. In fact, the nurses had to move one of their feedings up an hour because they were both hungry.

I told my wife the girls were going home during one of the visitations yesterday, and she looked at me like she was ready to be home with them. We put picture of the girls in her room that were taken for Independence Day, and she looks at them a lot. The nurses said that whenever she mentions anything about Madison and Morgan, my wife responds. I am looking forward to the day when we are all back at home watching the videos of the twins' first days with us.

4 comments:

bernard said...

Congratulations on a new chapter in your life. I hope you have the ten second change down. I'm encouraged to hear of Shawnda's progress. I pray for your family two to three time daily.like you I believe in the power and love of God.

Bernard & Gwen

Connie said...

How exciting! I know you are soo happy about it. Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can possibly do. I would love to help. Never changed a diaper before but willing to try!!
Connie

dr jamie said...

Cmac,
I know we have never met but I know your dear wife well. I am Dr. Jamie and have been excited with Shawnda about being the pediatrician for thaose precious babies. I do not know whetre you are with having a pediatrician but I do want you to know that I am here for you ain any way I can be. If you have questions, concerns, or anxieties please know I will do anything to help. Give Shawnda a hug for me. I miss her passion and smile right now but have faith that I will see her soon!You all are in my prayers and special thoughts.
Dr. Jamie Odrezin
office - 995-1004
home - 967-9875
cell - 531 - 0159

jean said...

Che,

God's will can be difficult for we mortals to understand. It is easy to see that Shawnda is special. I now see Madison and Morgan. What blessings!

I just learned of Shawnda's illness and will start a new line of prayers for all y'all. I met you in New York City after the LifeScan Nation Sales Meeting in 2006.
Blessings to you,
Jean