Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Healing

The last week has been very busy. We were blessed to be able to take Madison and Morgan home last Friday, and they are enjoying being back together. It is funny because they both turn the same way to sleep. Madison loves to smile now, and Morgan loves to pucker her little lips up as if she is kissing someone. The ride home was quite an adventure for all involved. We started out to our house which is an hour away 30 minutes before it was time to eat, and Madison let us know about it because we were late feeding her, and ever since she tells us every three hours she wants to eat.

They are both so precious, and I enjoy spending every waking hour that I can with them. We are all excited, and anxious to have mommy back home very soon.

My wife is recovering very well. The doctor placed a cranial shunt on the right side of her head Monday. After the procedure she was wide awake, and looked absolutely fabulous. I also spoke to the respiratory therapist, and she said that her breathing/oxygenation was also improving, and that they would probably be removing the respirator today. Much to my surprise, when I saw my wife today, the breathing tube was removed!!! I must say that my wife looks absolutely gorgeous, and I am so excited about how well she is improving.

To God be the glory! I am so grateful that our two daughters are home now and growing well, and that my wife is soon to follow. I know that we have been thanking God for all that he is done, and we are now seeing the manifestation of His word on my wife.

6 comments:

Jill Fox said...

Che,

Thank you for your family's courage and for giving those of us living far away the opportunity to appreciate your journey. Fantastic news today - the girls are precious as is Shawnda.
Jill Fox

Melinda Dudley said...

From your friends at West Alabama Internal Medicine: The babies are precious. We love you and are keeping you in our prayers.

Melinda Dudley said...

From all of your friends at West Alabama Internal Medicine (Dr DeBell and Dr Davis office):
The babies are precious. We love you and are keeping you in our prayers.

Julia Kinard said...

Shawnda,
I just found out from Michael what had happened- I am so glad the girls are healthy and so beautiful-you are greatly missed and I am wishing you a speedy recovery-
you are in my thoughts.
Julia

Carrie said...

From your friends at The Baptist Center for Diabetes (Montgomery). Just wanted you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers. The babies are adorable. We miss you and appreciate the updates from your husband about your recovery.

Robert "The Rev" Knight said...

Just wanted to say that I am thinking about you all, and to let you know you are in our prayers. We have had you on our special prayer list at my church. Hope to see you back at West Alabama Internal Medicine real soon. God Bless You and just keep looking to Him. Plus the babies are beautiful and a gift from God.